Dear Nabeel
how are you first am sorry for annoyed you
dear i have problem with project
the university where i implement the project has remote site connected with
leased line to main univ
when i connected APs in remote site it takes ip from main DHCP Server

and from controller utility i can ping to AP
but the the AP not appear as active APs on controller
please tell me how the APs register to controller through WAN connection (leased line)
please tell me if there any additional config on controller.
the controller type C5210

dear nabeel help me or direct me to suitable person that i can ask him ,
please i haven't a lot of time i must complete the project whiten one week Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: wm3700 wifi system limits.
15 REPLIES 15

abdullah_baniba
New Contributor
Dear i used the ping utility in EWC and ping to Remote APs frome controller the ping is done succecfully its enough or not

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
No, the controller doesn't care/know that the AP is in another location.
If they could reach each other and there is no firwall in between (that blocks the ports) or NAT it's fine.

I'm pretty sure that it's either a routing problem (so try the ping from the AP to the controller) or that the AP don't know about the contoller IP (try to set it via the CLI).

abdullah_baniba
New Contributor
mean remote site with wan conection

abdullah_baniba
New Contributor
the remote and local APs use the same ESA/Port esa0,
i want to ask there is any additional configuration on controller to solve this problem

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Two more things to check..
1) Do the local and the remote APs use the same C5210 ESA/Port to connect to the controller.
If a different interface is used check whether "AP registration" is enabled on the port to allow APs to connect.

2) ping again from the controller but this time select the option "Use specific source interface" and choose the interface that connect the remote APs.
This will make sure that there is no routing issue because a simple ping without that option could give a wrong result as you don't know which interface is used for the ping.

If AP registration is enabled and the ping is working the only thing left is that the AP don't get the controller IP from the DHCP.
So in that case let's try setting it via the AP CLI as a static entry.

ssh to the AP
username=admin
password=new2day

You'd try a ping from the AP to the controller just to check again whether the AP could reach the controller.
ping x.x.x.x

put in the following commands to set a static entry for the controller address (x.x.x.x is the controller IP for the APs to connect to)

cset authip 1 x.x.x.x
capply
csave
#wait till it's saved
reboot

Check the logs again.
GTM-P2G8KFN