cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to VNS settings require devices to "Forget This Network" before they will connect to same network, same credentials - C5210

Changes to VNS settings require devices to "Forget This Network" before they will connect to same network, same credentials - C5210

ITS_Tech
New Contributor
Seems that any changes to topology (i.e. to multicast filters) or associated VLAN tag cause clients to not be able to connect. Turning off WiFi and turning it back on doesn't help. Same SSID, same credentials, the only thing that seems to work is "Forget This Network" then re-add. Has anyone else seen this and maybe have a work-around?
3 REPLIES 3

Umut_Aydin
Extreme Employee
If this issue happen on different end-clients then I would open a case with GTAC.This need to be worked with Engineering if this behaviour is expected within the site config.
But from my feeling and sounding I wouldn't expect this because this would cause everywhere that the clients need to be re-enabled again.
Please open a case by GTAC

Thanks
Regards
Umut

Ty_Kolff
New Contributor II
I have noticed this when the AP's and VNS's belong to a site it will boot users off when any changes are made to any of the networks belonging to that site.

I haven't noticed the problem when the AP's are NOT members of a site.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Have you tried to disassociate the client in the client per VNS report ?

With "connect" do you mean "connect to the SSID" or do you mean to get an IP from the new subnet bacause you've changed the VLAN = other subnet.
GTM-P2G8KFN