cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWC pushing config via copy / paste ?

EWC pushing config via copy / paste ?

M_Nees
Contributor III
For some testing purpose i want to copy a config from one EWC and paste it to another EWC via CLI. I use V2110 and the Firmware V9.21.03.

I expect that will be work without problems, but i am very suprised that some parts of the config are copied and other parts generate some errors and refuse the commands after that error and sometimes the complet SSH session (putty) was closed (without accepting the config).

in the past i tried this also with an older version of EWC (9.01.x / 8.32.x) and think then this was be a bug which will be solved. But it seems that it did not fixed.

BUT what is your experience out there ?
Should this work ? Or what can i expect and what not ? Any recommendations to to this ?

Regards
5 REPLIES 5

M_Nees
Contributor III
if i copy the configuration (controller_config.cli) into a generated Backup file (.zip) and make a restore via EWC GUI, the second System take (the most) commands.

It seems this will be the best method to transfer a config von one EWC to another.

hsachse
New Contributor III
Thanks for this advice. I didn't try this. I think this would be helpful, because now I can see which command fail.

M_Nees
Contributor III
Hi Hartmut,
you can avoid the SSH (Putty) Close, when you tell Putty that the session should never been closed.
The problem here is that some EWC commands are not uderstood by the CLI parser and then the last exit (of your collection of commands) will close the ssh session. Additionally you can see which command or command group was not accepted !

hsachse
New Contributor III
To copy the configuration file into a generated backup file (created with testing controller) is the only way that worked for me.

I tried to restore some setting via CLI too, but this in most cases ends with closing the SSH session. This happens if there are any dependency between the commands. During the restore process of a configuration backup archive the parser seems to do parsing the configuration in a different way.

Even migrating a configuration from a physical controller to a virtuell controller could be possible with some editing (interface config is important), but my first try to do this ended with the problem that the web management didn't work after the import. A custom ssl certificate was used on the physical controller and i didn't find a way to import it. The wrong/missing certificate prevented the controller starting his https services listening on port 5325.
GTM-P2G8KFN