cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High availability controller shows all foreign AP's as down?

High availability controller shows all foreign AP's as down?

Steve_Ballantyn
Contributor
Hello all,

A few months back I did an upgrade to 10.41.09 to my two C5210 wireless controllers. I think it was then that my secondary controller started displaying all foreign AP's as "down". My HA status shows up (on both controllers) and I am getting threat alerts on the secondary. So the connectivity between the two seems good!

I recently upgraded both controllers to 10.41.12 and I was hoping that would fix the issue, but to no avail.

I didn't see anything in the release notes about a bug, or a behavior change. So I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Hi Steve,

I'd assume that you've fastfailover enabled - correct ?!
Which interface is used for availability ?!

Did you check the logs = do you see AP registration attempts on the foreign controller.
You'd need to set logging to infromation > Controller > Logs > Logs Configuration > System Log Level > Wireless Controller Log Level > information

-Ron

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve_Ballantyn
Contributor

NOPE! And that was the issue. I probably disabled FF before that upgrade, and therein lies my problem.

I suppose it makes sense that if FF is not enabled, the AP's are not going to create a tunnel to the other controller. And that is what makes it show as down.

I enabled FF on both controllers and within a few minutes, they all flipped from down to up status on the secondary.

Thanks for the tip Ron!

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Hi Steve,

I'd assume that you've fastfailover enabled - correct ?!
Which interface is used for availability ?!

Did you check the logs = do you see AP registration attempts on the foreign controller.
You'd need to set logging to infromation > Controller > Logs > Logs Configuration > System Log Level > Wireless Controller Log Level > information

-Ron
GTM-P2G8KFN