cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we report on which users are connected to which APs in IdentiFi V10?

How can we report on which users are connected to which APs in IdentiFi V10?

Patrick_Timms
New Contributor II
We are a high school with a V2110 IdentiFi controller appliance and I have recently updated from V9 to V10 firmware. We have two SSIDs - one for internal users with WPA2 security, another for BYOD users with RADIUS security.

We used to be able to report on "Clients by VNS". This was very useful because we could find out where students were by checking which access point their device (almost all of them have one) was associated to on the BYOD SSID. Now, the single "Clients" report doesn't allow us to filter by which VNS, and also doesn't seem to show the username (the column is always blank on that SSID).

Is there any way around this?
8 REPLIES 8

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Could you tell me about the BYOD setup I'd like to unterstand why it doens't show the user information.

You've mentioned RADIUS, is it PEAP with NAC or how does it work.

Patrick_Timms
New Contributor II
Thanks for this. Maybe we'll make a feature request for an auto-refresh (like the old reports had) too.

This is what I see:

f6ae1be39e06410a8c2e25ebe69bf891_RackMultipart20170109-129507-ztvu9s-Clients_inline.png

So it seems that WPA2 devices show the hostname as a User (which I don't mind but doesn't seem right), and all BYOD devices show as completely unknown - no user, no IP, no type, nothing... 😕

This firmware is 10.21.01.0065.

I also miss the auto-refresh function so I support this CR 😉

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
You'd use the filter field in the upper left corner to show only clients with that filter string.

Here a example if I search for "SecureAccess" which is the used SSID and also the role name for that client...

db313d2db3c84f4ba1f4e60f57d1f6a0_RackMultipart20170109-117290-1fnbjuy-EWC_new_client_report_search_inline.png

I'm not sure why the username field is clear for you - as you'd see in the example the 802.1X PEAP username is listed in my report.

Could you post a example and also the exact firmware that you use so we'd get clearer view of the issue.

-Ron
GTM-P2G8KFN