cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a Guest network on EWC C5210, and only allow guests to get on internet, not the internal network, with login required.

How to create a Guest network on EWC C5210, and only allow guests to get on internet, not the internal network, with login required.

Laura4
New Contributor II

11 REPLIES 11

SILAMBARASAN_SE
New Contributor
Hi am having only local physical connection in my network 192.168.1.0/24 for that i have to create guest portal access is that possible. Because it is an physical interface i can't able to create through the V2110. Can you please help me on this

Local n/w: 192.168.1.0/24 - physical topology-->esa0
DHCP---> from the router
I have to enable guest portal access. This is V2110 VM based.

I don't have esa1 connectivity because it is an vm i don't have any vlan in my network. Kindly help me n this.

Regards,
SIMBHU

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Hi Laura,

to separate it from the internal network use a bridge@EWC topology and tag it into a dedicated VLAN with only your firewall/internet access.
Or if you've a port unused on the controller you'd directly connect the controller to the ISP modem.

I've wrote a short document about guest portal configuration, hope that helps....

https://app.box.com/s/p8q9shj6h8po3sc7bxalgm1xuktpsm70

it's the same for all models - the only difference is that some have more physical interfaces and could support more APs.

do you have an example for ewc 5210
GTM-P2G8KFN