cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to design topologies for SSID for 20.000 users?

How to design topologies for SSID for 20.000 users?

Ilya_Semenov
Contributor
Hello, everybody!

I am going to setup Wireless infrastructure for a big University. I will have Identifi with V2110 controller and 3825i APs. There are 12.000 students and about 8000 employees, who share same internal resouces. They have to use a single SSID.

How many topologies / (networks) should I create to support such amount of users?

I think that creating single /18 net for 8190 host is not a good idea because of broadcasts... Am I right?

I've heard that I can unite several VLANs under one SSID. Is this a solution for me? How will seamless roaming work in this case?

The 2nd question is how can I isolate users from each other but allow them to user internal resources?

Please, share your ideas!

Many thanks for your advices,

Ilya
12 REPLIES 12

Ilya_Semenov
Contributor
Hello, Zdenek! Thanks! Whom could you name from "local technical team"? I've seen you some times in Moscow, so you should know all the members of this team...

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
Ilya, please contact local technical team. We do have experience, we do have team for such design. It will be much easier to discuss onsite.
Regards Zdeněk Pala

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

Drew, depends on what you are doing. From what I understand, all the NFL stadiums are B@WLC... But I could be wrong. The C5210 has a lot of HP.. not sure about the virtual series. Although, that may have been the case before L7 stuff started popping up on the 3825's...
GTM-P2G8KFN