cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to solve this concern?

How to solve this concern?

Carlo_Alviar
New Contributor
I exceeded the number of WLAN in the controller.
12 REPLIES 12

Carlo_Alviar
New Contributor
Hi Sam,

Is it possible to use the existing profiles for our new remote sites? The only difference of the content of profiles are their names.
They have the same IP addresses with other sites. Are we going to have any conflict problems when it comes to monitoring remote APs? Im going to create a diagram to explain this query.

9ea8627a3d1047da8e4739751bd97eeb_RackMultipart20161124-106617-1hhowwl-WAN_Setup_inline.jpg

Sam
Extreme Employee
Hi Carlo,

If you delete a WLAN service for an active site you will no longer be able to monitor the AP's deployed at the remote site.

The HA aspect of the system will not increase the number of WLAN services you can offer. Should there ever be a failure you would not be able to maintain more than 32 WLAN services.

I hope this makes sense.

Carlo_Alviar
New Contributor
Its impossible to move to a virtual type controller because this controller was just recently bought. Just want to verify if we use the HA of the controller because we have an redundant controller for the said purpose, could it increase the number of WLAN services we could create?

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
I'd move to a VM controller if you've the hardware available.
It's cheap and as you'd see in the table provided by Sam you'd configure a lot more VNSs/WLAN services/topologies.

As you only use one port on the C35 it should be that hard to export the config and import it in a V2110.

Sam
Extreme Employee
Hi Carlo,

You cannot delete WLAN services that are being used the controller will not let you.

c01b1ecfd8ac4c69b3888a627280962a_RackMultipart20161123-22195-1te0fsf-WLAN_service_inline.png

If there are WLAN services that are no longer required then i would recommend you delete them. If however, they are all currently active, then i would not recommend to delete them. You will not be able to add further WLAN services in your current set up due to system limitations.

Do you know how many more sites you will be growing to?

Hope this helps.

Sam

GTM-P2G8KFN