Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify roaming Problems between Controller

Identify roaming Problems between Controller

TimF
New Contributor
Hi,

have a voWifi Project at the moment. One site about 180 APs with 2 C35 Controller in an Availability Pair and the other site 580 APs and C5215 controllers also in an Availability Pair.

The handsets are Open Stage WL3 phones. They are more or less the same as the Ascom i62.

It is a WPA-PSK environment.

Now the interesting fact, as log as i roam between APs homed at the same controller, everything works fine. When I roam between 2 APs on the opposite controller in the same Availability Pair, the handset can not see the next AP and it takes about 20 seconds to reconnect. The phonecall itself remains. So I can not hear anything but as far as i am reconnected the session still exists and the other can hear me without dialing again.

This Problem exists on both sites.

I did an experiment. I rehomed a few APs in a row to the other controller, and the problem moved "a few APs further"

Some ideas?

In brief:
Session remains, roaming does not work between APs on different controllers within the same Availabilty pair.

THX

Tim
10 REPLIES 10

Rio_Grande
New Contributor
Yes, running 10.41.16.00003 right now.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
@Rio Grande have you upgraded the controller to 10.41.16 or higher ?

-Ron

Rio_Grande
New Contributor
@TimF Can you pls. check if some phones have unexplainable roaming decisions and/or No Network messages?
We sill have lots of "No Network" on our WL3's even when they are in the charger, caused by missing beacon frames from AP3915i.

TimF
New Contributor
Sorry for the late reply.

I got a fix. 10.41.16.0003 resolved the problem. Haven`t tried the 10.51 track, but dont want to upgrade again.
GTM-P2G8KFN