Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remote console only works for user account admin

remote console only works for user account admin

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Hi,

is it FAD that the remote console feature works only with the user account admin but not with other user accounts that have rw access ?!

Other rw users don't get a connect to the AP..... tested with latest v10.41

cafdf4b01fb54e6e96ff5d3a580e1e5b_RackMultipart20180823-90982-kovdw8-EWC_remoteconsole01_inline.png

-Ron
15 REPLIES 15

Hi,

no I didn't.

BR,
Ron

Craig_Guilmette
Extreme Employee
We can open a C4 feature request and see what they say? That is the best I can offer? Sorry guys don't hate the messenger, I am just telling you about how this feature is currently seen by Engineering.

StephanH
Valued Contributor III
Hello Craig,

we do not hate the messenger  ! It's good to know how the Engineering sees this function.

Best regards
Stephan
Regards Stephan

Rio_Grande
New Contributor
I don't get it too, why this nice feature should be left to "service personnel" only? If there would be no other chance to get (SSH) access to the APs, then it would be ok for "security" reasons.
But due the fact, everybody knows the SSH credentials, it's nothing else then implementing some uncomfortableness...

StephanH
Valued Contributor III
Hello,

I agree with Ron. It is necessary that the feature is available for all Admin user not only for the default "admin".
Because of we are using Radius (NAC) for Login management at the most of our customers and every "admin" user has an own login.

Best regards
Stephan
Regards Stephan
GTM-P2G8KFN