Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting on users based on SSID and Policy Role

Reporting on users based on SSID and Policy Role

Joshua_Puusep
New Contributor III
Hello,

I'm looking for a way to report on MU's based on both SSID and assigned policy role. The idea is to be able to see which populations are connected to with SSID's and be able to identify the users. i.e. how many faculty/staff are trying to use our Guest SSID and who are those users.

There are a couple of screens that come close to this.

1. EWC - Reports - Active Clients by VNS. This has the SSID and role; however, it does not have the username information. It also isn't possible to sort the columns by role. The export is a txt file which also is not sortable.
  2. XMC Wireless Clients tab. There is an SSID column and you can deduce the role via the "Reason" column, which shows the policy rule, but neither column allows for filters to be applied. Username is also missing. Is there a way to use the search field for terms in two different columns?
  3. XMC Control End-systems page - this has the role, username and filterable columns, but does not show SSID.
Is there any other view that i'm perhaps missing? Pretty sure there isn't any report that would show all of these data points and not sure if there is a way to correlate multiple data points in the custom reporting. Thank you much.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

I've the SSID included in the "Switch Port" column information...

e.g. AP3915i-1 (B4-2D-56-7F-09-50):SecureAccess

-Ron

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Joshua_Puusep
New Contributor III

-Ron
Ah perfect. I was totally missing that because the column was not wide enough to see past the MAC. Thank you!

Joshua_Puusep
New Contributor III
My active client report has a "User" column with the username information that the clients use for PEAP authentication - I'm running v10.41.16 on my controller

-Ron
Looks like that user column is reporting the device hostnames on our system

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

My active client report has a "User" column with the username information that the clients use for PEAP authentication - I'm running v10.41.16 on my controller

-Ron

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

-Ron
GTM-P2G8KFN