cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden Issue - Few Users wifi connection says connecting to wifi and it doesn't connect

Sudden Issue - Few Users wifi connection says connecting to wifi and it doesn't connect

Sai_Prasad_Rao_
New Contributor III
We have 2 - c5210 controllers with 3805i Access Points running on 9.21.10.0005. Everything was working well (with few disconnections here and there )all of sudden few users report "when they are trying to connect to Wifi they are seeing connecting to WiFi and they are not able to connect.

DHCP scope is fine
idle timeout settings : pre: 30 , post : 30 session: 0
Running both B@ap and B@ewc
Security: Open

Changes made in last 3 weeks : Disabled ADDBA and Aggregate MPDSU (which resolved client dis connectivity issues to a major extent)
Flexi Cleint access: Disabled on SSID's
14 REPLIES 14

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
I just sent an email to the right people. Sai Prasad Rao Rapolo, request management escalation of your case. I would like to see if we could work together with Extreme to maybe, once and for all, fix this god darn issue! I included the link to this post, so I am sure it will be seen .

If I find anything I will let you know, but I am guessing this is a software / hardware issue on that AP. I have seen far less issues on 3825s now, but unfortunately we just purchased a ton of 3805s and they have the old issue I use to have with the 3825s. Although, that issue is still happening, but at a rate low enough that I can tolerate it. But still, it shouldn't be happening.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
I'm curious, from our past conversations I know that you've 2x C5210 and about 800x AP3805.
How many clients are connected to the WLAN during peak hours.

Sai_Prasad_Rao_
New Contributor III
Any resolution ? From any one would appreciate..... I lost all hope from extreme support. Its more than a year now, with all sorts of weird issues....... One of the biggest mistake in my life is going for extremeidentifi wireless, a huge let down.

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
Yes, we are experiencing this issue again as well. It seems to do with the load on the AP from what I'm gathering.

Laura
New Contributor III
We also have connection issues as well. The user gets connected and then all of a sudden the wifi icon starts cycling and loses connection. We will get an exclamation point or we will get a 169 address. Is that what happens to your users?
GTM-P2G8KFN