cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voip problem 3825i

Voip problem 3825i

Luis_Mendes
Contributor
The customer have the solution voip with openstage WL3 wireless phone. The customer have more than 300 APs 3715i. With this APs the calls running fine. But when the roaming to any ap 3825 the calls have trouble. The calls have "cuts" and is not possible the talk. The firmware is 9.25 and the controller has a 5210
17 REPLIES 17

Gareth_Mitchell
Extreme Employee
Hi Luis

Are the cuts permanent after a roam or do you have a delay of a few seconds after which it works?

I think the phone has a survey tool, did you check the RSSI levels as you roam between AP's?

In addition to what the other contributors recommended, can you check your wlan service settings, what do you have in the advance settings (first tab) for 802.11h?

In the 4th tab for the wlan service, what QOS settings do you have enabled, eg WMM, U-APSD?

This article has some useful information: https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-create-a-5GHz-WiFi-Channel-Plan

You might want to put a call into GTAC so we can look at the specifics of your case.

-Gareth

Yes, WMM and U-APSD enabled

hi

I Will be the changes and return. But the problem occur if the phone is conected directly to 3825. No Roaming.. Only one ap to voip and the problem occurs

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
and here is my critic...

- both WL3 versions that you've mentioned are very old, how about a upgrade to at least 5.3.X

- AP channels
You've wrote that you use non-DFS but the screenshots show that the AP and WL3 is set to "all channels"
That isn't supported AFAIK, if you've more then 8 channels configured that could result in roaming issues as the phone is not able to scan all channels in a timely manner.
So please reduce it to 8 or lower AND also set the used channels in the WL3 so it only scans this channels.

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
Here are my suggestions based on a LOT of TAC cases, some best practices from guys like Doug and Jason etc (very smart guys from the GTAC):
Only listing changes --
For all the APs
DTIM: 2
Dynamic Channel Selection: Monitor Mode!!!!
Protection Mode: Auto

Now, I would go through all of your radios and select Auto for the channel and save (with ATPC turned on). Let it go for a few min and when the AP has settled on a channel, disable ATPC. The idea of ATPC is to fill in dead areas of an AP in the surrounding area dies (boost the dB of the radio and fill in the gap). These days, I believe people try to have at least 2 or 3 APs in the area with great-good signal strength so if one goes out, there is another to hop to. When ATPC is on, any sort of interference or noise the AP is hearing may cause it to adjust its radios power, this could then cause all of the other APs to start adjusting their radios and you cause a ripple that can cause performance problems. Ideally, you will have great alerting so when an AP does fail, you can make some settings changes yourself, thus keeping in control and not causing any strange behavior.

Also, depending on how dense of a deployment you have, you may want to kick the min basic rate up to 12 or even 24 Mbps, but that is dependent on your deployment.

Also, why aren't you using 40 MHz channels on 5 Ghz? Conserving channel space?

GTM-P2G8KFN