cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the radio 1 transmitting power with 0 dBm, even when the radio 1 is on and a channel is selected. (AP3825i-1)

Why is the radio 1 transmitting power with 0 dBm, even when the radio 1 is on and a channel is selected. (AP3825i-1)

jackmikel
New Contributor
We have a V2110 Medium running with Software: 10.41.10.0014, after a few hours a lot of 3825i-1 (30 out of 80) starting transmitting power with 0 dBm!. And the clients can't see the emitted SSID anymore. We use all channels on Radio 1 (5GHz) and the selection is auto. You have to turn Radio 1 off and on to get back the power. The country code is correct and the license is valid. That's all a little bit miserable. Any suggestion how to solve the problem? Green IT? 🙂

0cf331d26ae54da3ba0b8f490d19afe2_RackMultipart20181116-11645-ky3x3n-no_transmit_power_inline.png

7 REPLIES 7

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
How often does it happen... is it hours after the reboot,
Please post a screenshot of the AP radio#1 settings.

You'd check the detailed log on the AP ....
ssh to the AP
cd /tmp/log
cat ap.log

If it happens very often I'd try the folllowing with 2 different APs...
- factory reset a AP and sync again for a fresh start
- change the country to Austria

jackmikel
New Contributor
The 5Ghz channels of the neighbours are all different, we check this with the floorplans in netsight, you can get a fast overview. Radar interference is not seen in this case. And it doesn't matter whether it's a non-DFS or a DFS channel. The APs doesn't log anything when they stop to "transmit" with 0 dBm. As far as you can see in the Identifi log of the APs.

Largetrousers
New Contributor
Is there a neighbouring AP on the same 5GHz channel causing this one to ‘back off’ and drop power down? Anything in the controller or individual AP logs? Any logs mentioning RADAR being detected on the same 5GHz channel? Does your channel plan allow to move to non DFS if there is mention of RADAR? Personally I’d prefer to have the APs hard coded for both power and channels based on the initial physical site survey results.
GTM-P2G8KFN