cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Firmware 10.x

Wireless Firmware 10.x

Andre_Brits_Kan
Contributor II
Hi Do we have a release date for the new version 10 firmware for the wireless appliances? Thx Andre
35 REPLIES 35

n_n__n_n_
New Contributor
Would it be possible to setup the following:

- Upgrade the wifi controller pairs to V10
- Run the the 37xx, 38xx and 39xx with the controller

Next step: "Outsourcing" the management of AP36xx, i.e.:
- Convert the AP3610 to AP3630 using the standalone firmware
- Managing the standalone access points with SSH / CLI
- But still reusing the CAPWAP tunnel between the access points and the controller

Btw, will there be any V9 standalone software for AP3630?
Unfortunately I cannot download the standalone firmware for AP3610 (just for testing), as I only have a contract for the wifi controllers. Who can I contact to access the firmware?

The standalone AP3630 doesn't use CAPWAP - so no, that is not possible,

Also as soon as you upgrade the controller to V10 all AP26xx/36xx are gone from the controller database as the AP type is no longer supported and the configuration is rejected during the config import after the upgrade.

Jeremy1
New Contributor
What is the best practice from Extreme supporting 36xx with 39xx?

The response I got from GTAC:
Our recommendation is to place each site wholly within one controller pair or the other and not to mix APs from both pairs within the same site. Meaning a site should contain either v9 supported ap's or v10 supported ap's and not to mix them.

That's a bummer. I had to bring a location up with existing 3610's (70) and another portion of the same location with 3935's (12) I just turned down the signal so they didn't hear each other, but this location will be all 3935's soon, so if there are problems we can live through them. This is kind of forcing us to update faster rather than a slow phase in approach.
GTM-P2G8KFN