cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Load Groups

Wireless Load Groups

Laura4
New Contributor II
What is the Wireless Load Groups option for in the Enterasys controller C5210?

660181ef479042988548ff1065de4ad9_RackMultipart20150430-14402-126s1wu-Capturewlgs2_inline.png

13 REPLIES 13

Doug
Extreme Employee
Reference: https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-set-up-a-Band-Preference-Group-Band...

I've included the Load Control and the Strict setting information in the Band Preference article.
Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

Doug
Extreme Employee
Load Control - Each ap balances in isolation from the other aps. It's different than the Load Group setting that balance client loads between each ap within the Load Group. If you set a limit of users per radio and that limit is met, the radio will essentially ignore a new request which should force the user to contact another access point close by. If the client is adamant about attaching to the ap with the limit set, the radio will eventually let it on.

If you choose the strict setting along with a max number and that max number is met, any client that is above the max number will fail to connect to the ap.

So to answer your question, no you don't need Load Control for Radio Preference to work.
Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

Laura4
New Contributor II
What are these other settings for? Do i need to apply the Load Control settings, if I am just doing band preference? Those Load Control settings would only work in an open area, correct?

8d52fa06ee2d4739a7c2fd94b9fde584_RackMultipart20150519-22512-h8f6xb-band_pref_inline.png

Ken_Thomas
Contributor II
Laura, let us know if you have any follow up questions on this topic.
GTM-P2G8KFN