Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WPA3 - Identifi

WPA3 - Identifi

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Hi,

my customer likes to know whether his C25 will support WPA3.

To make it more general.... which software, controller, AP will support WPA3.

Thanks,
Ron
19 REPLIES 19

Alona
Extreme Employee
By driver upgrade - I mean qualcomm driver that runs on radio chipset. This is not firmware conversion. Drivers are part of AP firmware - by upgrading AP to the release that will support WPA3 - qualcomm driver will be upgraded. Hope it clarifies it.

Alona
Extreme Employee
XCA 4.56.02 release supposed to provide support for XCA on AP 5xx,

Raul_Carbonari
New Contributor III
"WPA3 support on those APs requires driver upgrade" this is the same that "firmware conversion"? As far as I know the 39xx APs don't have firmware with dual personality like the AP5xx. Are all AP39xx going to gain support for WPA3 with this update if they are controlled by WING7 or XCA?

Alona
Extreme Employee
WPA3 support is done in WiNG 7.2.1 release coming next month. That release will go for WPA3 certification when it opens up for AP 5xx, AP 75xx, AP 8533, AP 8432. Support for AP 39xx in WiNG 7 is planned for WING 7.3 release later in a year but WPA3 support on those APs requires driver upgrade which will only happen early next year at which point we hope WPA3 will be able to be supported on AP 39xx and AP 76xx series in WING 7 only. No Identify support is planned.
GTM-P2G8KFN