cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP230 forgot password to login console

AP230 forgot password to login console

kennethk
New Contributor

I have lost the username and password to login AP230 console locally, how can I retrieve it back without factory reset the AP and retain the configuration.  Furthermore, I can login into HM but do not see any option to reset console password.  Your advice is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kenneth, the username should always be “admin” and you can set your password in ExtremeCloud IQ by clicking on the silhouette icon in the top right corner> Global Settings> Device Management Settings (left hand side menu). You can change the SSH password here, and then you’ll want to push a complete configuration update out to your APs to apply the change. If you’re using HiveManager Classic (myhive.aerohive.com), you’ll want to go to Home> Administration> Device Management Settings to do the same. Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello,

Log into your hive manager and click on your account name (top right hand corner of page) > Global Settings > Administration > Device Management Settings > Show Password. 

This should be the password to use to log into your AP. 

I hope this helps,

Christoph S.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kenneth, the username should always be “admin” and you can set your password in ExtremeCloud IQ by clicking on the silhouette icon in the top right corner> Global Settings> Device Management Settings (left hand side menu). You can change the SSH password here, and then you’ll want to push a complete configuration update out to your APs to apply the change. If you’re using HiveManager Classic (myhive.aerohive.com), you’ll want to go to Home> Administration> Device Management Settings to do the same. Hope that helps!

GTM-P2G8KFN