cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP230 showing Disconnected in EC IQ

AP230 showing Disconnected in EC IQ

tandrews1
New Contributor

We have an AP230 in one of our buildings that is showing as disconnected in ExtremeCloud IQ, but appears to be otherwise functioning.  I can ssh into it and see that clients are associating with it.  There are 20 other AP230s in the building showing up just fine.  “show capwap client”:

CAPWAP client:   Enabled
CAPWAP transport mode:  UDP
RUN state: Connected securely to the CAPWAP server
CAPWAP client IP:        10.255.107.2
CAPWAP server IP:        34.202.197.28
HiveManager Primary Name:va2-cws-6.extremecloudiq.com
HiveManager Backup Name: va2-cwm.extremecloudiq.com
CAPWAP Default Server Name: redirector.aerohive.com
Virtual HiveManager Name: VHM-XXXXXXXX
Server destination Port: 12222
CAPWAP send event:       Enabled
CAPWAP DTLS state:       Enabled
CAPWAP DTLS negotiation: Disabled
     DTLS next connect status:   Enable
     DTLS always accept bootstrap passphrase: Enabled
     DTLS session status: Connected
     DTLS key type: passphrase
     DTLS session cut interval:     5 seconds
     DTLS handshake wait interval: 60 seconds
     DTLS Max retry count:          3
     DTLS authorize failed:         0
     DTLS reconnect count:          0
Discovery interval:      5 seconds
Heartbeat interval:     30 seconds
Max discovery interval: 10 seconds
Neighbor dead interval:105 seconds
Silent interval:        15 seconds
Wait join interval:     60 seconds
Discovery count:         0
Max discovery count:     3
Retransmit count:        0
Max retransmit count:    2
Primary server tries:    0
Backup server tries:     0
Keepalives lost/sent:    0/242
Event packet drop due to buffer shortage: 0
Event packet drop due to loss connection: 6

What am I missing here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing the show capwap client output, that helps. It’s odd that the AP is showing as disconnected when we can see in the output you shared that the Run State is connected securely to the CAPWAP server, which is what we see when the AP is indeed connected to an XIQ instance. I would try removing the AP from your XIQ inventory and then adding it back in, incase we’re just dealing with a lapse in communication between the AP and XIQ. If that doesn’t help, I’d suggest enabling CAPWAP debugs, running the commands “no capwap client enable” and “capwap client enable” on the CLI of the AP, waiting for the Run State to get back to Connected Securely to the CAPWAP server in the “show capwap client” output, and then pulling tech data. You can either open a technical support case and request that an engineer review that tech data for you, or you can send the tech data file to me at community@extremenetworks.com and I’d be happy to take a look for you. 

This guide reviews how to enable CAPWAP debugs:https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000057308&q=CAPWAP%20debugs

This guide reviews how to get tech data from the CLI of the AP (method 3 in this guide): https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000081084&q=tech%20data%20cli

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

tandrews1
New Contributor

I went ahead and deleted, then re-onboarded the AP and it looks like that has cleared up the issue.

Strange… but there it is!

Thank you.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing the show capwap client output, that helps. It’s odd that the AP is showing as disconnected when we can see in the output you shared that the Run State is connected securely to the CAPWAP server, which is what we see when the AP is indeed connected to an XIQ instance. I would try removing the AP from your XIQ inventory and then adding it back in, incase we’re just dealing with a lapse in communication between the AP and XIQ. If that doesn’t help, I’d suggest enabling CAPWAP debugs, running the commands “no capwap client enable” and “capwap client enable” on the CLI of the AP, waiting for the Run State to get back to Connected Securely to the CAPWAP server in the “show capwap client” output, and then pulling tech data. You can either open a technical support case and request that an engineer review that tech data for you, or you can send the tech data file to me at community@extremenetworks.com and I’d be happy to take a look for you. 

This guide reviews how to enable CAPWAP debugs:https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000057308&q=CAPWAP%20debugs

This guide reviews how to get tech data from the CLI of the AP (method 3 in this guide): https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000081084&q=tech%20data%20cli

GTM-P2G8KFN