Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't update AP130 (HiveOS 8.2r4) to 10.0r9b in ExtremeCloud IQ Connect

Can't update AP130 (HiveOS 8.2r4) to 10.0r9b in ExtremeCloud IQ Connect

s_blum1
New Contributor II

Hello Community,

i have tried several times to update one of my many AP130. Everything seems fine, the device does a reboot, but then it shows the same old Firmware as before. All other AP’s (i have meanwhile over 200) could be updated without problems.

Any suggestions to solve the Problem? I have the device at my workplace with the ability to CLI-Access.

Greetings 

Steffen Blum

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

s_blum1
New Contributor II

Ok, after many fails while upgrade to the newest Firmware (10.0r10a) or the same as actually installed (10.0r9b) I have tried today another way. I choosed to install an older version (10.0r8a) an after that went back to the newest and that did it. Reproduced on the other two AP130 with the same problems and all of theme are fine now.

Thanks a lot for your help 

Do i have to close the thread?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

s_blum1
New Contributor II

Hello Sam,

thank you for sending me the firmware and the instructions to update manually from the web-frontend. I have tried it, but nothing happens after pressing “apply”. In the meanwhile I have also tried again to update from ExtremCloud IQ. But always the same. The LED oft the AP changes for a few Seconds from white to orange, comes back to white, and after further 10-15 seconds it does a reboot. After the AP is online again it shows me the same old firmware as before. Meanwhile I've got a second AP with firmware version 10.0.9.1 with same behavior.

Is there also a possibility to update per tftp? In the cli I haven't find any hint to do so.

Thanks for assisting

Steffen

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Steffen, I’ve emailed you directly with instructions on how to get the firmware file you need so you can try updating the firmware outside of the GUI. That way we can narrow down if the update issue is with the GUI or the AP itself. Please let me know if you have any further trouble updating the AP from here. 

GTM-P2G8KFN