Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual boot access points

Dual boot access points

Jacek_Skorzewsk
New Contributor

Hi

could you please tell me which of the currently offered access points are dual-boot capable?
I am preparing two options for a customer - one is cloud managed APs, another should be APs managed on-prem by a controller elected among the APs, like WiNG can.

Thanks

Jacek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi Jacek,

For now APs that are capable of running two OSes are 3xx/4xx/5xx series, but these are XCC/WiNG APs. I have heard some information about certain XIQ APs becoming like this, but it would be the best if you reached out to local SE team for such information. I don’t recall if such information is publicly available yet.

You’d like to offer just XIQ equipment as the option, or it doesn’t matter? For on-prem, you can go with XCC/WiNG/XIQ VA (but it all has different pros and cons, my personal favourite is WiNG for on-prem, then I’d suggest AP 310i). For cloud… yep, XIQ or WiNG’s launched VX somewhere in a cloud. For XIQ 305C seems to be a very interesting option today.

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi Jacek,

For now APs that are capable of running two OSes are 3xx/4xx/5xx series, but these are XCC/WiNG APs. I have heard some information about certain XIQ APs becoming like this, but it would be the best if you reached out to local SE team for such information. I don’t recall if such information is publicly available yet.

You’d like to offer just XIQ equipment as the option, or it doesn’t matter? For on-prem, you can go with XCC/WiNG/XIQ VA (but it all has different pros and cons, my personal favourite is WiNG for on-prem, then I’d suggest AP 310i). For cloud… yep, XIQ or WiNG’s launched VX somewhere in a cloud. For XIQ 305C seems to be a very interesting option today.

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I haven’t heard of any dual-boot APs, but you’ll want to look for “Universal” hardware to find the dual-boot capable devices. For example, we have a dual-boot switch called the 5520 Series Universal Switch. 

GTM-P2G8KFN