Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't update AP130 (HiveOS 8.2r4) to 10.0r9b in ExtremeCloud IQ Connect

Can't update AP130 (HiveOS 8.2r4) to 10.0r9b in ExtremeCloud IQ Connect

s_blum1
New Contributor II

Hello Community,

i have tried several times to update one of my many AP130. Everything seems fine, the device does a reboot, but then it shows the same old Firmware as before. All other AP’s (i have meanwhile over 200) could be updated without problems.

Any suggestions to solve the Problem? I have the device at my workplace with the ability to CLI-Access.

Greetings 

Steffen Blum

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

s_blum1
New Contributor II

Ok, after many fails while upgrade to the newest Firmware (10.0r10a) or the same as actually installed (10.0r9b) I have tried today another way. I choosed to install an older version (10.0r8a) an after that went back to the newest and that did it. Reproduced on the other two AP130 with the same problems and all of theme are fine now.

Thanks a lot for your help 

Do i have to close the thread?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know the conclusion, I’ll go ahead and close the thread out for you. 

s_blum1
New Contributor II

Ok, after many fails while upgrade to the newest Firmware (10.0r10a) or the same as actually installed (10.0r9b) I have tried today another way. I choosed to install an older version (10.0r8a) an after that went back to the newest and that did it. Reproduced on the other two AP130 with the same problems and all of theme are fine now.

Thanks a lot for your help 

Do i have to close the thread?

tobias_s_jonsso
New Contributor

Hi,

I had a similar problem with AP130 in our OnPrem. Its been a while so Im not 100% sure if this was the right command but here goes.

In the CLI:

reboot current

I guess that the two APs that had this problem somehow was running on backup firmware.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for keeping me updated, there is a way to update firmware via TFTP, however you will need a bit of support assistance to do that. This guide reviews the steps needed here, for step 4 you will need an XIQ engineer to enter in the bootloader password for you: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000056869&q=update%20firmware%20tftp%20hiveos

If you don’t have support currently, please let me know and we can explore other options. 

GTM-P2G8KFN