cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to assign diffent ssid to different specific devices?

how to assign diffent ssid to different specific devices?

zlinuxboy
Contributor

I am going to create two ssid: aerohive-5G and aerohive-2.4G,assign 5G capable client to aerohive-5G, and 2.4G capable clients to aerohive 2.4G. but 2.4G coverage is just on a few limit area, so how to assign 2.4G and 5G ssid to some specific device concurrent, the others will hold 5G ssid only?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

1 - Create a Cloud config group and add all the APs that will have the 2.4G radio disabled into that group.

2 - In the network policy > Device template, Create a new template for the APs and make the necessary changes to the radio settings. 

3 - Once you save the settings (youshould still be on the Device Templates page) add a classification rule > In the Classification rule click on the add (+) sign > cloud Config Group > Contains > Select > Select the CCG you created earlier > Save. 

Now you should be able to see the Template with the classification rule > Deploy. 

I hope this helps. 

Christoph S.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

zlinuxboy
Contributor

Thanks, @Christoph S. ccg seems powerful, I will tried it and report back.

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

1 - Create a Cloud config group and add all the APs that will have the 2.4G radio disabled into that group.

2 - In the network policy > Device template, Create a new template for the APs and make the necessary changes to the radio settings. 

3 - Once you save the settings (youshould still be on the Device Templates page) add a classification rule > In the Classification rule click on the add (+) sign > cloud Config Group > Contains > Select > Select the CCG you created earlier > Save. 

Now you should be able to see the Template with the classification rule > Deploy. 

I hope this helps. 

Christoph S.

zlinuxboy
Contributor

yes, I did it as your suggestion. but is that other more elegant method?

your method will create multiple ssid and related config on each device, just disable the int wifi0 on specific device. Any possible to eliminate the aerohive-2.4 and its related config from the device which just hold aerohive-5?

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello,

if you are going to do this on a limited number of APs, you can simply get into each AP, go to Configure > Interface Settings > WIFI0 > SSIDs > turn ON or OFF any SSIDS you’d like this AP to use. Do same on the 5GHz radio. Push config to AP. Repeat for all other APs in same area. 

Will this work for you?

Thank you,

Christoph S.
GTM-P2G8KFN