cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to hardcode capwap server's config?

how to hardcode capwap server's config?

zlinuxboy
Contributor

I just curiously, after I reset config(nomatter reset config under cli or press reset buttom and hold for 10 sec), but the conifg of capwap server still there, just like it hardcode within the ap. how to do that?

here is the process
---
reset config
show run
capwap client server name hm-aus-119.aerohive.com
capwap client vhm-name Waverley
---

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The CAPWAP information isn’t hardcoded to the AP. When the AP is reset or loses connection, it will check in with a server called the redirector to see where it is currently registered to. Once it reaches the redirector, the redirector will tell the AP where it is currently registered and then the AP will populate that CAPWAP information. You can manually change this information with the steps in the guide I’ve linked below, but when the AP checks in with the redirector again it will change the information back to reflect the current registration information in the redirector. 

https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000057794&q=Capwap

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

zlinuxboy
Contributor

thanks for clarified it.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The CAPWAP information isn’t hardcoded to the AP. When the AP is reset or loses connection, it will check in with a server called the redirector to see where it is currently registered to. Once it reaches the redirector, the redirector will tell the AP where it is currently registered and then the AP will populate that CAPWAP information. You can manually change this information with the steps in the guide I’ve linked below, but when the AP checks in with the redirector again it will change the information back to reflect the current registration information in the redirector. 

https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000057794&q=Capwap

GTM-P2G8KFN