cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem trying to push configs

Problem trying to push configs

jrt
New Contributor

Hi, getting failed to connect to SCP server. When I try and update.

Am I right in thinking when I make a config change on the portal, I need to push the changes to the APs as an update?

4270e89e6df3451d8e2d3cd62517fcfd_3b9f386f-f213-4161-89d6-1bcf90a2735a.png

Any ideas???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for those details. An SCP issue is usually a firewall issue but if you’ve got other APs on the same subnet able to update then I don’t think that’s likely. That is an extremely old firmware version though, any chance we could try updating that firmware a bit? I’ve emailed you directly with instructions on how to find the firmware files you’ll need and a guide that reviews how to update firmware via the APs Web UI rather than the HiveManager GUI.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

jrt
New Contributor

Thanks. Really surprised its out of date, when I go to do a firmware update, it does’nt show anything, inc the “gold” firmware, so assumed up to date. Will try,

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for those details. An SCP issue is usually a firewall issue but if you’ve got other APs on the same subnet able to update then I don’t think that’s likely. That is an extremely old firmware version though, any chance we could try updating that firmware a bit? I’ve emailed you directly with instructions on how to find the firmware files you’ll need and a guide that reviews how to update firmware via the APs Web UI rather than the HiveManager GUI.

jrt
New Contributor

From the log of an AP: (used xxx where appropriate)

ERROR: Download web page file /HiveManager/downloads/xxxxxxx/cwp/webpage/Guest/fail.png from xxx.208.78.53 by scp failed!
2021-03-23 08:36:44 err     capwap: system: Connect to the SCP server failed!2021-03-23 08:36:44 notice  capwap: system: "xxxxxxx" failed to scp xxx.208.78.53 server. rc=2816(11)2021-03-23 08:36:44 notice  scp: ssh: connect to host xxx.208.78.53 port 22: Connection refused^M

jrt
New Contributor

I just tried updating (full) an AP on another site of ours, that was fine.

GTM-P2G8KFN