Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Calling Poor Performance

Wi-Fi Calling Poor Performance

DBurritt
New Contributor II

Hi All,

We have 5 AP230s and we are experiencing consistently bad performance on Wi-Fi calling.  When Wi-Fi calling is enabled, it works intermittently. Calls will sometimes go through, sometimes not. Calls going out will often work for a minute and then cut out to cell. Since we have little to no cell,  the calls then drop. 

We have tried enabling voice enterprise and it seemed to improve the situation, but not remedy it. We've tried quality of service settings with voice calls as highest priority, and that also didn't remedy the issue. We have 100x100 fiber so we have a very solid connection. All of our desktop phones run over the wired network with no issues. 

Any and all suggestions are appreciated. We have about 15 people who work in the building with varying devices and they all experience this issues. 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ash_Finch
Contributor III

Hello,
A few ideas and a few questions!

AP Firmware version?
Are the devices static or roaming through the building when on calls? Additionally if you look at a client in client360 can you see it roam at the approx time of a call dropping?
Presuming these are mobiles that are connected to the WiFi, do you know what they're connected to (2.4 or 5GHz)? - may be worth changing to 5GHz only if possible to see if that makes a difference. 

Do you have any load balancing or band steering enabled in radio profiles? Any high utilisation of APs/Airtime/Interference observed?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

DBurritt
New Contributor II

Thanks Sjoerd,

Some of the devices are iPhones, but I think that's just an artifact that we are primarily iPhone users here. I use a Galaxy S9 and I have a colleague running android as well with issues. 

The WiFi works mostly fine, other than some issues when staff play games during their breaks.  Our wired VoIP works flawlessly. 

I'm not sure how to check for interference when roaming. I'm a bit new to the WiFi world. 

Thanks for your help and thoughts!

GTM-P2G8KFN