cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XIQ SSID on 5GHz on some APs but not others

XIQ SSID on 5GHz on some APs but not others

James_A
Valued Contributor

I have an SSID that I want advertised only on 2.4GHz in most locations, but 5GHz as well in some areas. I looked at a classification rule, but that only does the AP, not the radio. I know I could go and turn the SSID off on each AP I didn't want it on, but that's a lot of effort and leaves them all with custom config. My other thought was to duplicate the SSID and have one with 2.4GHz, one with both, and assign them to different locations. Anyone got any other ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello @James_A,

1. In the Network Policy, create an AP template for each situation (one for 2.4GHz only and one for both radio and so on)
  2. Create CCGs for the APs you want to use for each situation (CCG for APs that will only use 2.4 and one for both radios and so on)
  3. In the AP template classification rules, configure them to point to the CCGs you created earlier
  4. Update the APs

Example:

Christoph_S_0-1711544253563.png

This will tell the APs belonging to each CCG which AP template to use. 

BR,

Christoph S.

James_A
Valued Contributor

That's not quite it, since I want all radios on for all APs, just a particular SSID not on the 5GHz radio. In the AP template there's a SSIDs on/off toggle but that's either got nothing underneath it if I go from common objects, or absent completely if I edit the AP template from the network policy:

James_A_0-1711600198592.png

Hello @James_A,

Ah I understand. In this case it will be a manual undertaking to disable them at device level. 

Is it possible to create another SSID for only the 2.4GHz radio, create a CCG for the APs that will use it and create a classification rule mapping the SSID to the CCG?  

BR,

Christoph S.

James_A
Valued Contributor

That was going to be my fallback, still a bit of a pain to make sure I keep their config the same.

GTM-P2G8KFN