cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.4ghz speed slow

2.4ghz speed slow

Sethg103
New Contributor

I’m having issues with the 2.4ghz network. At first when connecting to an SSID it says connected, no internet. Shortly after that it starts working, but extremely slow. Speed tests have it at .016mbps download and 1mbps upload. Using a wifi analyzer I notice the only channel it stays on is 11. I have a smart rf policy that has channel 1,6, and 11 for the 2.4ghz network but it looks like it’s stuck on 11. 

I need some help getting the 2.4ghz network working. If I enable the same SSID on the same AP connected to the same port but enable it on the 5ghz radio it works great. Upload and download speeds are both about 200mbps.

20 REPLIES 20

Sethg103
New Contributor

Do you think upgrading the controller and APs to 7.6.0.0 from 7.5.1.3-004R would fix any issues?

Sethg103
New Contributor

I ran those commands and committed them. It’s still having throughput issues.

ckelly
Extreme Employee

The only thing I can think of right now is that there’s something with the 11ax functionalities on the 310e that is causing this.

To test:

login

• enable
  • self
  • interface radio 1
  • no 11axSupport
  • no 11axOFMDA
  • no 11axBSScolor
  • no 11axTWT
  • no 11axUmuschedBrcmOnly
  • commit

Test client again.

Sethg103
New Contributor

That worked, I can confirm it’s on channel 11 now. The speed / throughput is the same as when it was on channel 1. I’m at a big loss as to why the 2.4ghz is working so terribly on any of the 310e’s I have.

ckelly
Extreme Employee

Okay...so as a last check, to get the 6521 to channel 11, in the CLI:

login

• enable
  • self
  • interface radio 1
  • channel 11
  • commit
GTM-P2G8KFN