Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About QOS DSCP 46 on AP310i

About QOS DSCP 46 on AP310i

Jun_Aoki
New Contributor

Hi ALL,

We have trouble marking 46 to DSCP field in incoming flames arrived at a AP310i.
after setting up a configration below on only the AP310i without WLC.

application-policy TEST_QoS
enforcement-time days all
mark application TFTP dscp 46 precedence 4

wlan test
ssid test
use application-policy TEST_QoS

Environment
Product AP310i
OS      7.5.1.2-008R

Detail shown below.
The AP310i was connected to a port on a ERS5928.
Successive ping from radio of a laptop PC were sent to another laptop PC connected to a port on the ERS5928 through the AP310.

It was found out that 46 was NOT seen on DSCP fields in the flames by monitoring the ping traffic arrived at the port on the ERS5928 which was connected to the AP310i using packet capture of wire shark.

FYI  We were able to see DSCP 46 on a port on the ERS5928 using packet capture of wire shark after setting up a configration of marking 46 to the port on the  ERS5928.

Does anyone give us some advice in settling this issue ?

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jun, thanks for your patience. If I’m reading the configuration you shared correctly, it shows you are attempting to mark TFTP traffic with "DSCP 46".   You ran a ping test and did not see the DSCP 46 markings within the DSCP fields of the ping packets. However, Ping is not TFTP, so I’m not sure this was a valid test.  

A better test might be to generate some TFTP traffic from a wireless client to a wired host. It is also possible that you will need to enable a QOS policy and trust DSCP before this will work. Here is an example of that:

WiNG(config)# wlan-qos-policy default
 qos trust dscp
 qos trust wmm
WiNG(config-wlan-QoS)#show context include-factory | include qos-policy
 use wlan-qos-policy default

If testing TFTP traffic and enabling DSCP trust on the WLAN does not help, then I might suggest opening a support case so we can learn more about what you need to accomplish and setup a similar test bed internally so we can help you achieve your goal.   

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jun, thanks for your patience. If I’m reading the configuration you shared correctly, it shows you are attempting to mark TFTP traffic with "DSCP 46".   You ran a ping test and did not see the DSCP 46 markings within the DSCP fields of the ping packets. However, Ping is not TFTP, so I’m not sure this was a valid test.  

A better test might be to generate some TFTP traffic from a wireless client to a wired host. It is also possible that you will need to enable a QOS policy and trust DSCP before this will work. Here is an example of that:

WiNG(config)# wlan-qos-policy default
 qos trust dscp
 qos trust wmm
WiNG(config-wlan-QoS)#show context include-factory | include qos-policy
 use wlan-qos-policy default

If testing TFTP traffic and enabling DSCP trust on the WLAN does not help, then I might suggest opening a support case so we can learn more about what you need to accomplish and setup a similar test bed internally so we can help you achieve your goal.   

GTM-P2G8KFN