cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidently turned of LAN access to AP-7522 controller can no longer access configuration page.

Accidently turned of LAN access to AP-7522 controller can no longer access configuration page.

brj5144
New Contributor
Background
My wifi was working fine but the time was always off so I tried to add a ntp time server in the basic settings page. Feeling like I needed to have a default gateway for the time server to work, I enabled the wan port and set a default gateway and ip address. It didn't seem to work so I disabled the wan port. When I did it seems to have disabled the lan access as well. So now I have wifi up and running and no lan access to configure any more settings or see the dashboard.

Question
Can I reset this Access Point to factory settings and let it adopt with another virtual controller or is there another way I can access this AP and enable the LAN port?
13 REPLIES 13

brj5144
New Contributor
Yes that is what I am using. I tried to follow the directions completely. Should I be connecting with serial. I am using the settings above in this link.

Sorry I don't think the first link worked
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-use-the-serial-console-port-on-RFS-4000

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
I'm not sure what terminal emulator software you are using but please make sure you use putty.exe and nothing else.

Thank you,

Chris
Christoph S.

brj5144
New Contributor

brj5144
New Contributor
Again thanks so much. Every answer gets me one step closer.

I disconnected the network cable, so I no longer get IPSPOOF messages.

I restarted the AP and everything connects and boots up just fine. It gets to a line where it says press enter to activate this console but when I press enter nothing happens. It seems that nothing I press on the keyboard activates the console if you have any suggestions.

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
The login prompt was probably lost amongst the log lines.

Restart the AP and the first thing you should see is login:

Even if the logs start coming in at this point, continue entering the login username and password until you are able to get in.

Once in you can disable IPSPOOF logs and proceed:
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-disable-the-DOSATTACK-IPSPOOF-ATTACK-message-on-a-WiNG-AP

Thank you,

Christoph
Christoph S.
GTM-P2G8KFN