cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another compatibility question

Another compatibility question

Sethg103
New Contributor

I just ordered an NX5500 and was about to buy 115 more AP7632s on top of the ones we have already. I just found out that the AP7632 is about to be EOS. Would AP310I-FCC or AP305C-FCC be compatible with the NX5500? Do they run on WiNG5 or WING7? And would there be a way to control both the 7632 with either of those other APs or would I be better off just replacing what we already have?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello Seth,

You may want to look at the AP310e/i or AP410e/i series. The AP305C AP is cloud based. The AP3xx/4xx are WiNG 7 APs that are supported by the NX5500 controller once upgraded to WiNG 7. All Existing AP75xx and AP76xx devices will have to brought up to 7.5.1.2 as well. 

I would recommend  you contact your Extreme Networks account manager in this regard.  

I hope this answers your question. 

Christoph S.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

PeterK
Contributor III

I think you can also have a look at the AP410C. It primary a Cloud-AP but it’s the first tri-boot AP. So this AP should also be able to adopt to Wing oder XCC and you have the opportunity to migrate to the cloud in the future.

AFAIK, Also the AP305C should become a tri-boot AP in the future.

AP3XX/4XX/5XX with i or e at the end will not get this opportunity. They can only adopt to WING or XCC.

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello Seth,

You may want to look at the AP310e/i or AP410e/i series. The AP305C AP is cloud based. The AP3xx/4xx are WiNG 7 APs that are supported by the NX5500 controller once upgraded to WiNG 7. All Existing AP75xx and AP76xx devices will have to brought up to 7.5.1.2 as well. 

I would recommend  you contact your Extreme Networks account manager in this regard.  

I hope this answers your question. 

Christoph S.
GTM-P2G8KFN