cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP-7522E does not take VC configuration and wireless networks doesn't work

AP-7522E does not take VC configuration and wireless networks doesn't work

Jorge
New Contributor
I configured an access point AP-7522E as a Virtual Controller with three vlan to use in three separate networks: one for corporate use that should connect to our existing LAN, another for employees and another for guests. Everything works very well when this AP is the only one in the network. As soon as I try to add a 2nd one to the pool, it doesn't take the vlans configured in the VC and no internet access is given. How to connect a second access point and configure it to an existing VC?
11 REPLIES 11

Jorge
New Contributor
Hello Robert,

Yes, they both have the same firmware version: 5.8.5.0-016R. We have them since two weeks ago, so they have the original firmware that came from the factory.

Thanks!

Jorge

RobertZ
Extreme Employee
Are the APs on the same firmware versions? Please verify firmware version on both and report.

The VC will upgrade the adoptee only if the upgrade firmware was uploaded to it.

Jorge
New Contributor
Hello Christoph,

Yes, we did that manually in the 2nd AP, we entered the IP address of the VC but it was not working well. And yes, we activated natting for the 3 VLANs created in the wireless VC in order to be able to get internet access.

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
Hello Jorge,

You might be trying to adopt an AP to a virtual controller on a routed switch. This link will provide you with more information on this:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Not-able-to-adopt-WiNG-Express-APs-to-a-...

If this is the case, you will have to start by making sure that all vlans are allowed on the switchport. Then follow the instructions herein.

I short, the vlans have to be allowed on both, the switchport and ge1 ports for traffic to go through.

Regards,

Chris
Christoph S.

Jorge
New Contributor
Thanks Andrew for your quick answer. I'm not much of an expert in networking, but we have only one VLAN in our switch for our wired infra and we wanted to create the other VLANs in the wireless virtual controller to associate the wireless networks to those VLANs only. I don't know if it's the right thing to do...
GTM-P2G8KFN