Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP-7532i not working properly

AP-7532i not working properly

Artman
New Contributor
Hi,

I have two AP-7532i and one of them is not working as it should. When I restart it (via PoE) it just light a some blinks (amber) and then it stops blinking and it is like dead. Does this mean that it has PoE problem? Any help would be appreciated!

Br
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
Hello Artman,

Since you said that one of the APs is working, I would recommend you unplug this one and use the same cable/POE setup to test the non-working one. The AP should fully boot up and you should see both (green and amber) lights once done. If using known working POE/Cable and you still see no lights, are unable to reach the AP via console or SSH and it does not look like it's even powered up, then you might want to consider RMAing it.

Thank you,

Chris
Christoph S.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Artman
New Contributor
Hi guys,

I checked the PoE adapter and it seems that the PoE adapter that connects the AP is not working properly. When connecting the AP on the other PoE adapter which is working the AP started to work as it should. So problem solved. We need to change the PoE adapter and thats it. Thank you all for the support.

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
Hello Artman,

Since you said that one of the APs is working, I would recommend you unplug this one and use the same cable/POE setup to test the non-working one. The AP should fully boot up and you should see both (green and amber) lights once done. If using known working POE/Cable and you still see no lights, are unable to reach the AP via console or SSH and it does not look like it's even powered up, then you might want to consider RMAing it.

Thank you,

Chris
Christoph S.

Artman
New Contributor
I have tried that, but the AP does not respond back, even if I press enter while waiting it to start. As said before it blinks for some times amber and then it stops. If I put my ear to the device I can hear som noices like clocks but then thats it. Nothing happens. I cant power it up using a switch because the switches I have are operated by another company and I dont know exactly which port to use. I have tried some of the ports to be honest but the AP did not even showed the amber light.

Daniel_Fraile_V
Extreme Employee
The speed is 115200 for those APs, so if the AP is booting you will be able to see something, I assume that you pressed enter to see if the AP is responding back with anything right? Which PoE and 802.3 technology are you using? Did you try to use a switch to power it up instead of a PoE?
GTM-P2G8KFN