Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not receive the antenna on AP7562

Do not receive the antenna on AP7562

Tuan_Nguyen1
New Contributor
Hi you

I have antena Omi 2.4 14dbi. I plugged in R1-A port, the AP signal good.
But i plugged in to R2-B and R2-C, the AP do not signal wifi.
The same situation occurs with 5ghz band.

Is there any problem with my AP configuration?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ckelly
Extreme Employee
Have you configured the AP radio setting's Antenna Mode for 1x1 operation or enabled the Dynamic Chain selection options in the AP's radio interfaces?
Do you have more than one antenna you can connect at a time to test?

Where are you reading those signal levels?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

ckelly
Extreme Employee
Tuan,

Dynamic Chain Diversity (DCS) allows the AP to dynamically alter the number of transmit chains it will
use to respond to client devices. The number of chains used is based on the number of chains supported by the client at the time of the association. Each chain will use just one of the antennas and each chain requires its own antenna. These chains are your spatial streams (MIMO).

If a client is only capable of 1 or 2 spatial streams, then the AP will only ever transmit to the client using 1 or 2 spatial streams. But....the AP can use *all* of it's antennas (chains) when it's listening/receiving a transmission from that client. The AP having more 'ears' allows it to hear the client better.
Unless you have a special reason, you want this function to remain enabled.

Regarding having the same model antenna for all connections - technically, there's nothing stopping you from doing what you're saying - and it may even appear to work.
But, the results are going to be completely un-predictable. Trying to explain this would require going into quite a bit more 802.11/RF detail, so I'll just leave it at - unless you don't have any other choice, don't do this.

Tuan_Nguyen1
New Contributor
Hi @Chris Kelly

Are you there? Help me pls

Tuan_Nguyen1
New Contributor
Hi @Chris Kelly

I uncheck Dynamic Chain Selection option then signal when i plugged on R1-B and R1-C is Ok. What does this option mean?
Why you wouldn't suggest when i plugged 1 anten Omni and 2 anten sector to the 2.4 radio? If i use 3 Omni identical antennas then the coverage area is no different than I use 1 omni antenna . I want use 2 anten sector to extend coverage.

0ba68c40aef84917b415821738494078_d38dfe15-01de-4bb2-8efd-9aee0dd9f911.png

ckelly
Extreme Employee
Tuan, the only thing I would suggest changing is the overrride you have set for the "Antenna Mode'. I would suggest setting it back to 'default'. After that, look back again and re-test the signal strength levels.

Regarding the use of 1 omni and 2 sector antennas - Are you saying that you are planning on connecting those three antennas to the 2.4GHz radio? If yes, I wouldn't suggest it. You want identical antennas (if using multiple) connected to each radio.
GTM-P2G8KFN