cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP does not connect properly

AP does not connect properly

JohanHendrikx
Contributor II

I have a cluster vx9000 and will adopt a AP310 remotely (L3)

After adjusting the settings ip-mac conflict" and "ip-mac routing conflict, I can connect to the AP.

The autoprovision rule is configured. however the AP connect to th  RF-default instead connecting to the prefferd RF-domain. also the profile isn't pushed to the AP

In the Device configuration tab I notice that the AP is configured for the right RF-Domain and policy.

In the Dashboard the ap is not displayed.

How can I solve this issue?

Johan Hendrik System Architect Audax
5 REPLIES 5

JohanHendrikx
Contributor II

Firmware AP and controller are the same. Found the issue. There was a config mismatch in the profile ( ethernet ports vs Virtual interfaces).

Thanks  for your support.

Johan Hendrik System Architect Audax

Christopher_Fra
Extreme Employee

Is the AP running the same firmware as the controller? If not, you will need to upgrade the AP from the controller first. Once that has been completed, should adopt properly.

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

If the AP configs show you the default rf domain and profile then those can be changed manually. If using WiNG-Man, go to Configuration > Devices Configuration > Double click the AP to configure > Basic > RF-Domain: Change to correct one > Profile: Change to correct one > OK > Commit and Save.

Christoph_S_0-1715093063886.png

Of course make sure that the AP is actually adopted and can pull these configs. 

From AP run command: Show adoption status

Or from controller:

show adoption status

Show adoption pending

Show adoption offline

Please make sure that the firmware version on both is similar. 

BR,

Christoph S.

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello @JohanHendrikx,

The provisioning policy is used only once upon AP's initial communication with the controller, unless the "evaluate-always" setting is configured (not recommended as a permanent setting). 

What may be happening is that the AP is getting adopted and pulling the information it's told to use on the Configuration > Device Configuration page. It does not look at the provisioning policy since the AP is already known to the controller. 

2 things you can try:

1 - Manually change the AP rf-domain and profile, and make sure to hit OK and commit and save

or

2 - Remove the AP from the Configuration > Device Configuration page and make sure to OK, commit and save before the AP tries to re-adopt. Since the AP is no longer known to the controller, when it re-adopts, it should look at the auto provisioning policy and pull the info therein. 

If this happens again then we'll have to look at your auto provisioning policy and other settings. 

Here's some additional information for your perusal: https://extreme-networks.my.site.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000083917

BR,

Christoph S.
GTM-P2G8KFN