cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP not adopted to Virtual Controller

AP not adopted to Virtual Controller

Saravanamurthy_
Contributor
Hi, i have two AP7522E. This firmware is AP7522E-5.9.1.3-007R. virtual controller IP is 192.168.20.12 & another AP ip is 192.168.20.10. Those are communicating one to one. but ap not adopted to vc. I checked following commands on AP & VC
1. ping 192.168.20.10 from vc
2. ping 192.168.20.10 source 192.168.20.12
3. ping google.com

Above all are working fine. but ap not adopted to VC. Kindly advice me where is the problem like AP configuration or Switching side.
13 REPLIES 13

RobertZ
Extreme Employee
are you certain that both APs are a AP7522E. Can you verify with command ' sh version' .

Saravanamurthy_
Contributor
i check show mint neighbors. but its show
0 mint neighbors of 75.A1.B1.80

RobertZ
Extreme Employee
with CLI command 'show min neighbors' do each AP see each other?
Also, can you run the command 'sh adoption status'?

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
SSH into the VC and run the command: >show mint neighbors
Does it see the other AP/s?
If not, then they are not seeing each other at Mint level (Mint protocol) and are not in the same broadcast domain. They should be in the same broadcast domain for layer 2 adoption.
If the APs are connected to a routed switch, you will have to adopt via layer 3. on the client AP (non-vc AP) under Basic >> Controller adoption >> add the VC's IP address in there >> Apply.
Important note: With layer 3 adoption through a routed switch, you will not have seamless roaming. Meaning that when roaming from AP to AP, the wireless client will disconnect from one and reconnect to the other. If seamless roaming (no disconnects) is critical to your operation, all APs must be in the same broadcast domain.

Thank you,

Chris
Christoph S.
GTM-P2G8KFN