Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[AP360] Clients connect in 802.11a

[AP360] Clients connect in 802.11a

yz1231
New Contributor

Hello,

I am a little stuck with the config because for some reason my clients electing to not to utilize protocol 802.11a.

My clients are cradlepoint ibr1700 (all of them, there are no other wireless clients), I forced radio to be in the channel 149ww which is a 80mhz channel and yet I still see my clients utilizing 'a' protocol:

yz1231_0-1698702369171.png

Beyond that, when I do site survey from the cradlepoint, it sees my access point as protocol 'a' only while other access points near by identify as a/n/ac properly.

Please advise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello yz1231,

The information provided is insufficient to determine cause, but from the above screenshot I can see that the RSSI is -83 and SNR 0 so something is not right in all this. 

You can run these cli commands to determine what that radio and client values are: 

Show wireless radio detail

Show wireless client detail 

We'll need to have a better look at your config to be able to determine possible cause and as such I would recommend that you open a GTAC tricket for same. 

BR,

Christoph S.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

James_A
Valued Contributor

Do you have TKIP enabled on the SSID? That forces 11a rates only.

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello yz1231,

The information provided is insufficient to determine cause, but from the above screenshot I can see that the RSSI is -83 and SNR 0 so something is not right in all this. 

You can run these cli commands to determine what that radio and client values are: 

Show wireless radio detail

Show wireless client detail 

We'll need to have a better look at your config to be able to determine possible cause and as such I would recommend that you open a GTAC tricket for same. 

BR,

Christoph S.
GTM-P2G8KFN