Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP3965 with 1 WS-AO-DQ04360N and Tee Adapters

AP3965 with 1 WS-AO-DQ04360N and Tee Adapters

Jake_Koch
Extreme Employee
Hello,

I am newer to Extreme Wireless.

Is it possible to use a single WS-AO-DQ04360N 4DBI OMNI (part no: 30724) with Type-N Tee Adapters to connect both the 2.4ghz radio and the 5ghz radio to the same Antenna, is this possible, will it cause any problems?

(here is an example of a Tee Adapter)
https://www.pasternack.com/n-tee-adapters-category.aspx

Also, does Extreme offer a Female to Male Type-N Right Angle adapter? I have a customer that is trying to coil up some LMR400 cables in the same box the AP is going to be in, and when the cables plug straight into the AP, they can not bend tight enough to fit in the box... a 90 degree adapter would fix this.

(example )

https://www.americanradiosupply.com/type-n-male-female-right-angle-elbow-coaxial-adapter-connector/?...

thanks,

Jake
8 REPLIES 8

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Why the model with external antenna connectors if you just use a omni 4dBi antenna - you'd just use the model with the internal omni and save a lot of money.

Hi Ron,

I have tried to ask them to do exactly what you are suggesting but the customer has to mount the AP inside the building for aesthetic purposes. That decision has already been made and they will not change it.

It looks like I will point them to these 3rd party 90-degree right angle adapters... I will have them try a few to make sure they work.

Thanks,

Jake

ckelly
Extreme Employee
Jake, while this may not be officially supported, and I've never done this myself, nor heard of it being done by anyone else....I can't think of any reasons why it WOULDN'T work. Naturally though, as soon as you insert any sort of coupling device, you will see some amount of signal attenuation from that device. Make sure to take that into consideration.
I see what you're saying about the cables and box fitment. I don't recall ever seeing a 90-degree adapter, so you might be on your own for this one.

Jake_Koch
Extreme Employee
Thanks Chris,

I will make it clear that the solution is not officially supported.

It would be nice if we (Extreme) offered such couplers for these types of scenarios.

Jake
GTM-P2G8KFN