cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP4620 adopted (not configured) on WM3400.

AP4620 adopted (not configured) on WM3400.

Sean_Tutor
New Contributor II
I know it's an older model however we still have these in use.  We just purchased these AP4620s for use with the WM3400.  The APs power up but have solid lights indicating that they're adopted but not configured.  However the WM3400 doesn't see the devices and doesn't even show them as pending adoption or adopted.
7 REPLIES 7

Sean_Tutor
New Contributor II
I guess I can't reply directly to folks.   So the APs aren't showing up any where in adoption.  In fact the lights stay solid the whole time making me think that perhaps they're not getting past the boot phase.  We're running 5.5.5.0-18R on the WM3400.  Doesn't appear to be pulling an IP on and we've got enough licenses on the WM3400.

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
Hello Sean,

What firmware version is the WM3400 on?
Any clue what firmware the AP4620s are running on? (may be on 4.x code while the WM is on 5.x code)
Is the AP4620 pulling an IP address, i.e are you able to ping it?
Do you have enough licenses on your controller?
Christoph S.

Douglas_Novell
Extreme Employee
Hello,

Use 'show adoption status' to verify if the APs are adopted. If not it will state if there is a 'version-mismatch' or 'error'. If in 'version-mismatch' state please upgrade the APs to match the controller firmware. If in 'error' state please check the AP profile from proper configuration.
GTM-P2G8KFN