cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP7522 firmware version 5.5.5.0-018R

AP7522 firmware version 5.5.5.0-018R

Bellezza
New Contributor

Hello, I need to install 2 APs AP7522 on RFS6000 with relase software 5.5.5.0-018R.

I can’t upgrade RFS6000 firmware because old APs are installed.

The APs have P/N AP-7522-67030-EU and differents revision level label.

2 with letter T, 1 with letter R and 1 with letter A

I don’t understand if these hardware revisions support firmware version 5.5.5.0-018R.

Can you help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello Bellezza,

You mentioned other older APs adopted by the controller preventing you from upgrading the controller itself, what APs are those (what models)?

Moreover, what firmware version are the newer AP7522 APs coming with?

Thank you,

Chris

Christoph S.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Bellezza
New Contributor

If the new AP7522 came with firmware beyond 5.8.3.x then you may have an issue downgrading them per this article https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/AP-rejects-to-downgrade-to-WiNG-5-8-3

However if this is the case, you can try getting them to 5.8.1 first then to whatever version you need to be on. But I would recommend you upgrade everything to the latest possible version in case you need to add newer generation APs in the future and this will save you from going through this exercise again.  

Thank you

Chris

Hi Chris, I agree with you, however I solved the firmware mismatch using on the controller the command enforce-version adoption none. So I have installed release 5.8.4 on the APs 7522 and the adoption worked fine.

Thank you

Andrea

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

If the new AP7522 came with firmware beyond 5.8.3.x then you may have an issue downgrading them per this article https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/AP-rejects-to-downgrade-to-WiNG-5-8-3

However if this is the case, you can try getting them to 5.8.1 first then to whatever version you need to be on. But I would recommend you upgrade everything to the latest possible version in case you need to add newer generation APs in the future and this will save you from going through this exercise again.  

Thank you

Chris

Christoph S.

RobertZ
Extreme Employee

Yes in 2014 there was firmware 5.5.5 released for AP7522 

Bellezza
New Contributor

Hello Chris, older APs are AP621 and AP7181 and just few minutes ago I saw these model which support firmware release up to  5.8.4.0-034R. In this case the problem would be solved.

But as these new APs will be rented for two weeks, I prefer to avoid updating the controller.

Thankyou

Andrea

GTM-P2G8KFN