cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP7522

AP7522

scottM
New Contributor
hello Group . This may be a question for Sales , but i thought i would start here . I Have 36 AP7522 in my environment . I have one set up as a Master controller . I need to add more , but it seems like they are no longer available . Is there a new product that I can add that will be compatible. I want to have to avoid making a lot of changes  . 

TY 

Scott.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
Hello Scott,

Since these APs are no longer available you will have to go with the newer 802.11ax APs (AP3xx,AP4xx or AP5xx series). This will entail having to make one of those APs the virtual controller to adopt the rest of the APs in your environment. An ANYAP profile will have to be created as we as a provisioning policy. Here are the instructions for your perusal: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000079376

You will also have to upgrade the lot to 7.x firmware and configure the new APs.

Some leg work in required but once done you'd be able to add as many of the new APs as you need. 

I hope this helps,

------------------------------
Christoph S.
Christoph S.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
Hello Scott,

Since these APs are no longer available you will have to go with the newer 802.11ax APs (AP3xx,AP4xx or AP5xx series). This will entail having to make one of those APs the virtual controller to adopt the rest of the APs in your environment. An ANYAP profile will have to be created as we as a provisioning policy. Here are the instructions for your perusal: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000079376

You will also have to upgrade the lot to 7.x firmware and configure the new APs.

Some leg work in required but once done you'd be able to add as many of the new APs as you need. 

I hope this helps,

Christoph S.
Christoph S.
GTM-P2G8KFN