Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DHCP default gateway issue

DHCP default gateway issue

tallshipsgo
New Contributor

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum (as new as I am to Extreme WiNG - about a week and a half now) and have a question concerning DHCP/AP7632 config.  I've got the device generally configured but when I enter the default-router command and try to commit I get the following error message:

ap7632-8BB7EC(config-dhcp-policy-default-pool-vlan1)#default-router 192.168.1.25
ap7632-8BB7EC(config-dhcp-policy-default-pool-vlan1)#commit
% Error: Commit failed for the following reason:

[dhcp_server_policy 'default'][dhcp_pools 'vlan1'][default_routers] Default gateway address 192.168.1.253 is not in the configured network

Please fix the problem and Commit again, otherwise Revert or continue making changes

I've looked to see where the default gateway statement should go in the basic config but I have no idea and it's driving me nuts.  Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

ckelly
Extreme Employee

Looks like the default route address you are attempting to use in your DHCP Pool configuration is not on the same VLAN/subnet as the DHCP Pool network.

From the CLI, it should look something like below.  (Notice that the network is on the same subnet as the default-router address)

dhcp-server-policy test
 dhcp-pool pool-test
  network 192.168.100.0/24
  default-router 192.168.100.1
  dns-server  1.1.1.1

GTM-P2G8KFN