cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DHCP WiNG 7662

DHCP WiNG 7662

DHCP_Server_WiN
New Contributor

Hi all! can anyone tellme why when i set dhcp server at some  interface in the AP,  this function well buy i understand when i check this config this appear in the “interface pppoe” 

interface vlan500
  description "USUARIOS WiFi"
  ip address 192.168.0.1/24
  use ip-access-list in USUARIOS
  ip ospf authentication null
 interface pppoe1
 use dhcp-server-policy SERVER-DHCP
 use firewall-policy default
 use client-identity-group default

vlan 500 is used to WIFI USERS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

The DHCP policy is not mapped to a VLAN but based on the static IP address assigned to VLAN 500, the DHCP server will assign IP addresses to wireless clients coming through this vlan within that same IP range. 

So in your case if vlan 500 was assigned the static IP of 192.168.0.1/24 and lets say DHCP pool is 192.168.0.2-192.168.0.240, (assuming that vlan 500 is already mapped to the wlan), all wireless clients coming through the wlan will hit vlan 500 and the dhcp server will automatically assigned them DHCP IP addresses based on the subnet vlan 500 is on meaning in the 192.168.0.0/24 range. 

Makes sense?

Thanks,

Chris

Christoph S.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

DHCP_Server_WiN
New Contributor

now it is understood much better. Thanks Cristopher

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

The DHCP policy is not mapped to a VLAN but based on the static IP address assigned to VLAN 500, the DHCP server will assign IP addresses to wireless clients coming through this vlan within that same IP range. 

So in your case if vlan 500 was assigned the static IP of 192.168.0.1/24 and lets say DHCP pool is 192.168.0.2-192.168.0.240, (assuming that vlan 500 is already mapped to the wlan), all wireless clients coming through the wlan will hit vlan 500 and the dhcp server will automatically assigned them DHCP IP addresses based on the subnet vlan 500 is on meaning in the 192.168.0.0/24 range. 

Makes sense?

Thanks,

Chris

Christoph S.

DHCP_Server_WiN
New Contributor

in our config, we select that when you conect to WiFi, automatically you are on vlan 500, and dhcp server assign and IP. but i cant see, in .cfg file where is the assign between vlan and dhcp 

DHCP_Server_WiN
New Contributor

Cristoph, thanks for you reply, you say that this isn in the config of interface pppoe instead this is in the global config?. 

GTM-P2G8KFN