Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download AP7532 5.9.2.0-032R firmware

Download AP7532 5.9.2.0-032R firmware

Ravi_Patel
New Contributor
Hi,
I have created a request to download this firmware but I don't see any status on this.
How long it will tale to review?
Is it necessary to have maintenance plan to download firmware?
Can you please advise me?
Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
Hello Ravi,

From what I can see, this AP is not under the 90 day software warranty period or under any support agreement.

My recommendations:

1 - Acquire a support agreement:
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/where-can-I-purchase-or-renew-a-support-contract-for-my-wireless-controller-and-APs
2 - Upgrade the lot to version 5.9.3.3:
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-upgrade-adopted-APs-from-the-virtual-controller

Currently, the VC will see the newly added AP but will not push the config to it. If you run the command '#show adoption status',
and look under the CFG-STAT column, you should see 'version mismatch' for this particular AP. All APs should be on the same firmware version.

I hope this helps,

Thank you,

Chris
Christoph S.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
Hello Ravi,

Yes please upgrade all APs to 5.9.3.3.

Open a case using the newly acquired AP serial numbers. You will be provided with a link to the firmware as well upgrade assistance. Please have proof of purchase on hand for verification.

Thank you,

Chris
Christoph S.

Ravi_Patel
New Contributor
Hi Chris,
I am looking for support agreement for my that older version AP.
But other 7 APs I just bought before couple of weeks, but among those, two APs firmware is 5.9.2.0-032R and other 4 APs firmware is 5.9.1.4-004R. So, I think I will have to upgrade the firmware for these 4 APs as well.
Are you advising me to upgrade all APs to 5.9.3.3?
How do I download firmware for newly purchased 7 APs? S/N for one of the newly purchased AP is 18242522200358
Thanks lot for your help

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
Hello Ravi,

From what I can see, this AP is not under the 90 day software warranty period or under any support agreement.

My recommendations:

1 - Acquire a support agreement:
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/where-can-I-purchase-or-renew-a-support-contract-for-my-wireless-controller-and-APs
2 - Upgrade the lot to version 5.9.3.3:
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-upgrade-adopted-APs-from-the-virtual-controller

Currently, the VC will see the newly added AP but will not push the config to it. If you run the command '#show adoption status',
and look under the CFG-STAT column, you should see 'version mismatch' for this particular AP. All APs should be on the same firmware version.

I hope this helps,

Thank you,

Chris
Christoph S.

Ravi_Patel
New Contributor
Hi Christoph,
The AP7532 for which I am looking to upgrade the firmware that is not under any of case which you mansion.
Current firmware on that AP is 5.8.2.0-030R and I need to upgrade to 5.9.1.4-004R
Case no is - 01855329
The reason I want to upgrade this AP firmware is because I have 7 new AP7532 with version 5.9.1.4-00R.
So, this one AP with older version is adopted by new version AP controller but It's not showing the IP address on VC under Access Points but it's showing that AP.
Second thing is on VC Radios I can't see older version AP's radios even if I have 2.5 GHz and 5 GHz radios enabled for that AP.
So, looks like the older version AP and newer version APs are bot behaving properly each other.
Please advise if I am wrong. I am very new to all this.
Thank you

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
Hello Ravi,

APs must be under a support agreement to be entitled to firmware downloads, or at the very least they should still be under the 90 day software warranty period. Does your AP fall under any of these 2?

Please provide serial number for verification.

1 - What firmware version is the AP on?
2 - Were you provided with a case number?

Thank you,

Chris
Christoph S.
GTM-P2G8KFN