Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme AP 7532 LED Indicators

Extreme AP 7532 LED Indicators

Ravi_Patel
New Contributor
Hi,
I have around 8 Extreme AP 7532 and since last couple week I have noticed that some access points LEDs are blinking differently.
I think normally, Orange and Green LED should blink on the same time in equal interval but for some access points Orange LED blink first and then Green LED blink but not on same time.
Do you know why is this happening? and Also would you please explain me meaning of these LEDs?

Thanks so much for the help...!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ckelly
Extreme Employee
The LEDs will also blink based on activity on the radio, so it's not at all unusual to see one of the LEDs blinking more than the other.
Green LED = 2.4GHz radio activity
Amber LED = 5GHz radio activity

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Christopher_Fra
Extreme Employee
On top of what Chris Kelly provided, if there is no WLAN mapped to the radio, the LED will remain solid (2.4GHz/Green and 5GHz/Amber). Otherwise, if both radios have WLANs mapped and wireless clients associated, the blinking status will be present and depending on data load, the LEDs could be blinking more then the others.

Ravi_Patel
New Contributor
Okay,
If that's the case then it should be fine.
Thank you so much Chris

ckelly
Extreme Employee
The LEDs will also blink based on activity on the radio, so it's not at all unusual to see one of the LEDs blinking more than the other.
Green LED = 2.4GHz radio activity
Amber LED = 5GHz radio activity
GTM-P2G8KFN