Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty NX5500 Wing controller, license transfer poccess to new NX5500 unit

Faulty NX5500 Wing controller, license transfer poccess to new NX5500 unit

BogdanT
New Contributor

Hello,

Our Customer's Wing controller NX5500 is faulty and as a consequence we need to validate the next step for the working state resolution.

In this instance the main issue relates to licenses transfer from the faulty controller to the new one. Is this license migration possible, are there any limitations or trade-offs for us to be aware of?

Thank you for your feedback!

Cordially,

Bogdan Tanasescu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello BogdanT,

Yes it is possible to move licenses over from the defective to the replacement controller.

Please create a GTAC case providing the old (defective) controller serial number and number of AAP licenses that were applied to it, as well as the serial number of the new one. Better yet and if possible, please run the following command on both controllers providing us with the output:

#show lic

BR,

Christoph S.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello BogdanT,

Yes it is possible to move licenses over from the defective to the replacement controller.

Please create a GTAC case providing the old (defective) controller serial number and number of AAP licenses that were applied to it, as well as the serial number of the new one. Better yet and if possible, please run the following command on both controllers providing us with the output:

#show lic

BR,

Christoph S.

Hello Christoph,

Thank you for taking the time to respond!

It is in line with what I have had in my mind. I wish you a great New Year!

Cordially,

Bogdan Tanasescu

GTM-P2G8KFN