cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guest Wireless Network

Guest Wireless Network

JimAikey
New Contributor
Setting up a guest wireless network using AP-7522 WiNG Express access points. I created vlan 2 for this and am using DHCP on the VC for this vlan. When I am in range of the VC it works flawlessly however when I try to connect to it when near another access point on the network I can see the SSID however it never gets an IP address. Any ideas of what to try next to get the other access point to use the DHCP server on the VC.They are all adopted under the VC. Thanks for any help!
8 REPLIES 8

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
If you are working on the AP when you are in close proximity, then you move further away and it stops working, sounds like a signal issue. Have you checked the SNR, noise floor, co-channel interference etc... Are you doing any sort of band steering? If so, is the 5 Ghz signal too weak?

aholden
Extreme Employee
Since the VC is hosting the DHCP server, does the wired network also support that DHCP scope

If not configure the network to be aware of the new subnet

Shay_Weir
New Contributor II
On the Cisco default gateway (usually ends in a .254 IP address) ) is where the VLAN is defined (VLAN2) has been assigned an IP address. In that definition,>#interface vlan 2, add the line "ip helper-address (DHCP server scope location)"

Shay_Weir
New Contributor II
Did you try to use an "ip helper" on the vlan default gateway?
GTM-P2G8KFN