cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handheld scanner wireless issues

Handheld scanner wireless issues

Daniel_Starosci
New Contributor III
We have an issue which we cannot seem to figure out. We recently upgraded our AP's to 7522's in all of our buildings (370+ AP's). Users are complaining that their handhelds keep dropping their connection (mainframe and RDP). Whats interesting is that users say that it was better on the older 650's we had in place before the upgrade. We have had site surveys done in several of our buildings and added AP's where recommended.

Inventory SSID is WPA2-CCMP
Using smart-rf policay
g-rates disabled

Any idea on what to look at next?

Thanks

21 REPLIES 21

Chris, I will have to look into that AP. I believe the handhelds were using 2.4 with the 650's. I will take 2 handhelds and change them over to just 2.4 and see how they do.

ckelly
Extreme Employee
Daniel, you can email the report directly if you'd like. I can share it with Robert.
ckelly@extremenetworks.com

RobertZ
Extreme Employee

Thank you Chris. Email going out shortly.

Daniel_Starosci
New Contributor III
I got a smart-rf report for an rf-domain that has been really complaining lately. I cant seem to find a way to attach it.

In this rf-domain, the handhelds have been changed to use only 5ghz. We do have 2.4 enabled on the radios just because there are some laptops out there that do not have 5ghz capabilities.

As far as the tunneling, not really sure. I think it has to do with how our network is separated. Again, before my time here.
GTM-P2G8KFN