cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handheld scanner wireless issues

Handheld scanner wireless issues

Daniel_Starosci
New Contributor III
We have an issue which we cannot seem to figure out. We recently upgraded our AP's to 7522's in all of our buildings (370+ AP's). Users are complaining that their handhelds keep dropping their connection (mainframe and RDP). Whats interesting is that users say that it was better on the older 650's we had in place before the upgrade. We have had site surveys done in several of our buildings and added AP's where recommended.

Inventory SSID is WPA2-CCMP
Using smart-rf policay
g-rates disabled

Any idea on what to look at next?

Thanks

21 REPLIES 21

Daniel_Starosci
New Contributor III
I should mention that this is a manufacturing facility with a lot of machines and automation. Not sure if our AP choice is causing these issues.

Daniel_Starosci
New Contributor III
We didnt use a smart rf-policy with the 650's. We do with the 7522's.

Mounting height was the same for the 650's. It varies from anywhere from 15ft high to 50 depending on the building and location.

ckelly
Extreme Employee
So it sounds like the AP650's were likely running some older WiNG code...and then when the 7522's were installed, and maybe then at the same time the controller was also upgraded to 5.8.6.5 (and pushed out to the 7522's).

When you say that the 650's didn't use an rf-policy, what does that mean exactly?

What height are the 7522's mounted? (was it the same for the 650's)?

Daniel_Starosci
New Contributor III
I had to ask a coworker as a lot of this has happened before my time here.

Current version is 5.8.6.5 on the 9610 and AP's. Users are using 9090's,92N's, and TC8000's.

We have tried updating some guns to latest version and fusion driver and it did not help.

Not entirely sure about the version on the 650's, but we believe it was 5.x.x

With the 650's, we did not use rf-policy.

The 650's had external drop down antennas. Our current 7522's have internal antennas.

WLAN profile is the same.

Co-worker stated that we rarely had issues when we had the 650's. Now we always have reports of issues with the rf guns dropping.

GTM-P2G8KFN