cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i make the NX5500 controller the RF domain manager

How do i make the NX5500 controller the RF domain manager

OGB-NIKO
Contributor

How do i make the primary NX5500 controller the RF domain manager instead of an AP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ckelly
Extreme Employee

If APs are in the same VLAN (MiNT VLAN) as the controller, the controller and APs see each other via MiNT and the RF Domain Manager election process will always choose the controller over the APs. So in this instance, no need to do anything. The controller will end up being the RFDMngr by default.

Second, for any other cases, you could simply disable the ability for APs to operate as an RF Domain Manager in the AP's Profile (or on an individual AP level using AP overrides).

(AP Profile) 'no rf-domain-manager-capable'

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ckelly
Extreme Employee

If APs are in the same VLAN (MiNT VLAN) as the controller, the controller and APs see each other via MiNT and the RF Domain Manager election process will always choose the controller over the APs. So in this instance, no need to do anything. The controller will end up being the RFDMngr by default.

Second, for any other cases, you could simply disable the ability for APs to operate as an RF Domain Manager in the AP's Profile (or on an individual AP level using AP overrides).

(AP Profile) 'no rf-domain-manager-capable'

rmu
New Contributor III

hi

there are two ways:

1. rf domain config > there is a setting "controller-managed"

with this the ctrl will become the rfdm for this rfd althouh it is in a different subnet/location/segment/rf-domain

2. bring it into the same vlan and rf-domain as the ap´s are

ctrl should become rfdm because it is "the strongest hardware", thats why it should get calculated as rfdm

nr

rmu

GTM-P2G8KFN